Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Miss Baker's Biology Class Wiki
Pages and Files
9th Honors Biology
Science Online '09
Science Online '09
Widgets & Flash Toys
Science Online CountdownScience Online Countdown
Science Online '09 Session Planner
Students, when planning what
you want to attend keep in mind that we can only split up into three groups. So, there is a maximum of three sessions we can attend for each time slot. Please write the name of the session you want to attend under each time slot. Don't just go to by session titles. Read the descriptions and click on the session page to read any information the presenter has put on their wiki page to make sure it is a session you would like to attend.
Friday, January 16th
Leave bright and early at 6:30am from the school! After we arrive and get settled at the hotel we will head to the Natural History Museum for a behind-the-scenes tour. Then, we'll go register at the conference...mingle...eat dinner...mingle...and then head back to the hotel.
Saturday, January 17th
1. Open access publishing: present and future
Science Fiction on Science Blog
OUR PRESENTATION!!! :-)
1. Teaching college science: blogs and beyond
Semantic web in science: how to build it, how to use it
3. Rhetoric of science: print vs. web
1. Web and the history of science
Science blogging networks – what works, what does not?
Race in science – online and offline
1. Blog carnivals: why you should participate
Art and science — online and offline
3. Anonymity, Pseudonymity – building reputation online
1. How to become a (paid) science journalist
Open Access in the networked world: experience of developing and transition countrie
3. Social networking for scientists
Sunday, January 18th
1. Nature blogging
Reputation, authority and incentives. Or: How to get rid of the Impact Factor
1. Hey, you can't say that!
2. Blogging102 – how to make your blog better
1. How to search scientific literature
2. How to paint your own blog images
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"