Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Miss Baker's Biology Class Wiki
Pages and Files
9th Honors Biology
Science Online '09
Hi, My name is Anna and I am in Ms. Baker's 9th Grade Biology Class.
I like To play sports, and animals are one of my intrests.
How Will I Meet This Expectation?
How Did I Meet This Expectation?
Demonstrate ability to evaluate sources of biology information on the internet
- I will use credible sources by following the Guidelines on how to evaluate the sources.
- I demonstrated my abilities to evaluate sources by, providing peer review on Alex's Blog and providing feedback on many credible sources. I made sure to include a description on why I agree that the website was a credible source. I also used credible sources myself for my blog project. All my sources got comments saying they were credible. None were rejected.
Demonstrate an ability to read and understand current biology news
- To understand current biology news I will research the topic and get background information on what is being discussed.
- I searched many websites in detail about my blog project, and got a variety of different information. I also used many different search engines to research my topics. When Searching websites I came across Current Blogs on Biology. I was able to under stand most thing discussed, but the things I wasn't sure about I looked up for more back round information.
Demonstrate proper use of online resources
- I will make sure to use websites that are legitimate, and have cited sources.
- I posted my websites on the credible source page, and got feedback from my peers stating that my sources were credible. I demonstrated proper use of online resources by hyper linking the websites, pictures, and videos. This was necessary, because I had to give credit to the author of the sources.
Publish work that is available for peer-review
- I will make sure to get my work reviewed by my classmates, and get feedback on what i wrote.
- I posted my sources on the credible source page, and my classmates approved my sources. I was also able to understand that in order to publish my blog with pictures; the pictures I used had to be a Creative Commons Picture that was Labeled for Reuse. If I just published a regular picture with no hyper links to the site I got it from, I would be plagiarizing because I didn't give any credit to the author.
Discuss published work with a practicing biologist in that particular field
- I will input my ideas on blog topics and discuss things related to the Field that the Biologist specializes in.
- I had e-mailed a scientist who specialized in spreading Education on Evolution, however I did not receive a response from this scientist.
Provide constructive peer-review to classmates
When I provide constructive peer-review to classmates I will make sure to explain why I agree or disagree with what they have written.
- I Gave Charlot, Deanna, Chris, and Guy Peer-review on the websites they posted on the credible source page. I accepted their sources, because when I evaluated the websites they showed many things proving it was valid. I also gave Peer-Review on Alex's Blog Project. I gave her a few tips on how she can improve her project, and make it more interesting. Alex's topic is very serious I gave her some advice to make it more applicable and effective on readers.
Discuss in-class assignments
- I will be sure to participate and ask questions on assignments in class.
- We spent many classes working on our blog projects, and researching our topics. We were also able to have other class mates review and provide feedback on how to improve our projects. My topic is very revenant to our class, because we studied Charles Darwin and his theory on Evolution. We even went to many history places that dealt with Darwin and his theories on our trip to London, England.
Apply creativity to work
- I would be creative when posting links, pictures, videos, etc.
- In my blog post I included creative commons pictures, hyperlinks, and a video. By posting pictures and videos, the web page becomes more attractive to readers. It gets the readers more interested in the topic, and provides an image in the mind when being red. Another way I applied creativity to work was by making the font and color more appealing, for example I didn't use standard "Times New Roman" Black colored lettering.
was born in 1809 and died in 1882. Darwin was a British Naturalist who came up with the theories of evolution and was known for his evidence. It was know that Darwin Believed all life on earth changed gradually and evolved over time from common ancestors.
Many people didn’t like Darwin’s theories, because it was going against their religious beliefs. Also science doesn’t explain the super natural. Science is not a democracy. People cannot vote on what should and shouldn’t be real. Darwin is well known for his book, “The Origin of Species.” In this book he explained his theories, and the evidence/research he gathered over the years. He spent most of his life researching, and writing about Botany, Geology, and Zoology. He wrote about these topics up until he died in 1882.
One of the things Darwin studied many sea animals, and how they changed over time. One thing that he studied was fish. The
is a 375 Million year old fish, which is also known as the
The Fishibian is a large fish that clearly shows a shift between having fins and feet. This proves that Darwin’s theory was correct and that animals change their form over time.
1) Why is evolution important to us today?
2) Why should things evolve?
3) Why was Darwin so interested in Evolution?
Nice job Anna! I love your Charles Darwin topic; being that he is one of the most influential people in biology. Your two hyper links are effective to leading to a credible source, and overall your writing is very informative. I think you could work on making it a little more relevant to the readers. Maybe a relation between how Darwin's theory effects modern day life and your comment on how he was accepted in his time. Also, after the first sentence of your second paragraph, you should mention that science doesn't explain the supernatural. Of course you need your questions; but besides that, I think you did a great job. I can't wait to see the final product!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"